Fire Prevention Week
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) holds their Fire Prevention Week activities in October; this year it’s October 9th-15th.
SERVPRO is proud to announce our sponsorship and participation during this time. Our local fire fighters visit children at school and hold open houses. The kids enjoy these visits and learn the basics of fire prevention.
SERVPRO has provided fire safety coloring books and crayons to the communities of North Reading, Wilmington, Winchester and Stoneham. The fire fighters will distribute these gifts during their visits. It’s a fun way to support our local fire fighters and give back to the community.
In winter, we see an increased risk for household fires. Below are four of the top six causes of fires. Notice the presence of danger increases in winter, due to an increase of usage in these categories:
In the spirit of fire prevention, we’d like to remind you to:
- Replace smoke detector batteries.
- Replace smoke alarms every 10 years.
- Have an escape plan and meeting place.
- Space heaters need adequate space around them. Don’t place objects to close.
- Thoroughly clean your dryer of lint.
- Never use a candle if an oxygen tank is used in the home.